Friday, March 21, 2008

and this is what you get for a RM35 dress from Bangkok?


Okok....I don't think it's the price that matters since alot of people buy these dresses from Bangkok really cheap and sell it at retail stores for a higher price. So anyways, I hand-washed this dress (which I totally love by the way) for the first time. Didn't even soak it and found out later on when the dress was half dried on the clothes line that the colour ran to the white bits of the dress. (Notice the petals of the flowers in the picture? They are supposed to be white - not reddish or pink...) Then I remembered what Eva said. She told me earlier on that to lock the colours in, soak the dress/cloth in salt water. Ok...so this is a bit too late for that. So anyways...since the damage has been done, I am open to any suggestion which will help me get rid of the red stain from the white bits. Eva suggested that I soak the dres in salt water of which I did. I noticed that the red stains on the white bits went away. I'll check again when the cloth is fully dried. Angie! Peggy! Anybody! Help!:P

5 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

what a bummer! the design on this dress is lovely. can u try to soak the dress again in water? hopefully the stains will go away. my mum always does that.

TripleJin said...

oh..so this is where u've gone!!

I was wondering...what happened to your blog! sorry...I must be really ketinggalan zaman man!!!!

mott

Wen said...

its gonna be tough, how about trying soaking in Vanish overnight

Jess said...

i don't think there is a way to rescue the dress now. I had tried many way too, but still helpless.

Usually for new cloth, better handwash separately, else other clothing also kena "coloring"!

Sasha Tan said...

hmmmm susah wanna get rid of the stain leh..