Friday, February 8, 2008

meal-time wars

These past few days, I've been having meal-time wars with my lil missy....Although she's 2y 8mo, I insist that she drink her milk three times a day and have her porridge twice a day during lunch and dinner. The reason why I still insist on her eating her porridge is because it's full of nutrition i.e. fish, carrots/pumpkin, veges. In addition to that, when we let her eat our food during mealtimes, she tends to segregate what she wants to eat and what she doesn't and she'd usually just end up eating rice! So mommy has put her foot down. We'll give her her porridge and then she'd nibble on whatever we eat during our mealtimes.

These days, I got to find creative ways to get her to eat or finish up her milk/food...
1.I let her watch a music video of her choice from my iPhone..(Yes, I got one and it's so cool!)
2. I'd tell her that she if she wants to go to school for bigger kids, she needs to finish her milk/food
3. I'd tell her that if she doesn't drink/eat her milk/food, I'd give it to the boy who stays behind our house! (LOL!)
4. I'd tell her that if she doesn't drink/eat her milk/food, she won't be able to press the lift buttons to go to the upper floors...
5. I'd tell her that if she doesn't drink/eat her milk/food, she won't be able to drink her vitagen or eat biscuits...

So what's a mom to do if her lil one refuses to eat or finish up her food but wants other biscuits? Solution : Get rid of all the biscuits and junk food in the house!

The Lil Fella, on the other hand is the total opposite! He wants to eat whenever anyone is eating!:)...It's nice also nice that he enjoys eating his porridge....Hopefully this won't be short-lived.

4 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hehehe...my ashley is still eating porridge too and she also drinks milk 3 times a day. Yup..I also have to coax her to finish her milk by switching on Barney or Elmo DVDs :( I so envy children who loves to eat anything :)

Vien said...

LOL! Hey, at least you got rid of the junk food..my other half purposely buys junk food. Can mati!

Chinneeq said...

haha...i think i am one relax mum where i'll let my girl goes hungry until she take her own food..hehe

FenFen said...

love your creative ways of getting ur kid to drink up her milk..shall remember these tips when my own kid's older :)