Saturday, February 2, 2008

monster mom

Before I had kids, I used to comment that my neighbour 2 houses away was pretty much like a manic mom. She's a SAHM. When we bump into each other outside of the house, she'd always look very pleasant and composed. But what happens inside of the house is a different story. She has 3 kids - 1 boy about 13yo, and 2 girls in primary school. Every so often, we can hear her scream on TOP of her lungs - obviously frustrated and scolding one or all of her kids. I wouldn't know that. But yes, she's loud.

My neighbour who's staying at the house behind mine is the same. They've a toddler about 4-5yo. Every so often too, I'd hear the SAHM screaming at the top of her lungs - scolding her son. Each time that happens, we'd empathise with the lil boy....

Ever since I got two kids, I now began to understand why, shouting like a mad woman, is sometimes inevitable. I'm not ashame to say that I've not done it. In fact, I have. Many times. To the point that it's pretty scary when I think about it afterwards. I feel pretty helpless at times.....How the heck am I, a FTWM, supposed to juggle between a crying 8mo baby and a 2y 8mo toddler who's got her mind of her own when Hubs is out, without a maid and time is of the essence? It takes great perserverence and patience to not snap at Lil Missy when she's being difficult. Oh God. Help me to be patient...I feel like a Monster Mom!

6 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

I believe this is normal, mommy. I do that a lot and I only have 1 kid. I also know some mommies who are extremely patient with their children and seldom raise their voices. I wonder how they do it...hehehehe

khongfamily said...

OMG!! You reminded me that I'm a MONSTER mom as well. Scary! Sometimes..I just couldn't help it. I pity my neighbour though.

Annie Q said...

Oh dear! Me too a monster mom, last time i use to remind myself that should not shout at my kids like mad woman but now i'm doing that!! Always and not "sometimes".:(

ta66y said...

i'm wt u :o)

moms tales said...

I too have the potential, I just know it :-(

Sasha Tan said...

ai.. i belum have 2 also i am shouting like mad woman! we're all in the same shoe! hahha